4.25.2008

HOLY COW





I recently sat down and composed a list of things I would like to do before I die, (Sabrina had watched The Bucket List on the plane ride back from Europe) it ranged from rather meaningless i.e walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to significant accomplishment- run a marathon. While I know I will likely not satisfy all of these goals (marathon) I got to check one item off the list recent. I went to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. I wanted to go to Opening Day but the tickets were pretty steep, so I went to the 3rd game of the season. Keep in mind that Chicago in April can be hit or miss weather wise. Well it was a miss. It was upper 40's no sun and the wind was blowing in. My hot chocolate was a chocolate shake by the time I finished it. I was with my dad and we both silently thought whether the other would mind if we left before the game was over. We made it to the top of the 9th ( which allowed us to sing 'Take Me Out To The Ballgame'). The Cubs looked like they were going to win and we were turning to ice cubes. After all of that we got to see the first win of the season, the Cubs are in first place. I hope I can go again sometime when the weather is better. Cue the Music!


Go Cubs Go, Go Cubs Go


Hey Chicago what do you say


The Cubs are Gonna Win Today


Next on the list... Packers Game @ Lambeau Field


What is on your list?

1 comment:

BranchPastor said...

Done the Packers @ Lambeau... well it was in 1969 and I was 1.

I want to pay for and build the Mercy Ministries building in Charlotte!

d

Ruminations from someone who spends too much time pondering.