3.08.2008

Being A Red Letter Christian

http://blog.beliefnet.com/godspolitics/2007/10/the-catchy-name-is-catching-on.html
Above is a link to a post that Tony Campolo wrote that does a good job in describing my faith. In this world of ours there is so much emphasis on labeling everything and everyone, the term evangelical has been painted very broadly, and the meaning it carried didn't necessarily fit me. Yes I believe in evangelizing to the world, I think that Jesus is the answer that the world is looking for. However there were a lot of other things that went with the title that I didn't care to be associated with. When I read the Bible the parts that I keep head and shoulders above all the rest are the parts that are now conveniently now put in Red. These are the words that Jesus, Son of God, The Christ spoke. If he is who he says he is than I think direct quotations should be paid attention to. The post explains this a lot better than I can. Read it, does this reflect you?

1 comment:

BranchPastor said...

That's me! Love the blog. I'll be reading often!

Let's grab breakfast while Sabrina is gone.

Derek

Ruminations from someone who spends too much time pondering.