3.08.2008

Brett Broke My Heart

If anyone didn't know, on March 4th 2007 Brett Favre annouced his retirement for the NFL. I was stunned. We were so close last year, if not for destiny being on the side of the New York Giants we would have gone the super bowl and I believe we too would have beaten the Patriots. I thought for sure he would be back this year to lead us all the way to the promised land. For most of my life Brett Favre was like death and taxes, you could count on it. Now that is gone, my sunday security blanket is gone and I feel lost, are my Packers going to return to the way they were in the 80's dwelling in the basement of the NFL, I think not they have lots of talent still on the team. I am just happy that I can tell my kids that I got to watch the greatest quarterback ever, and that he went out on top.

Thanks Brett from Cheesehead nation.

2 comments:

BranchPastor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BranchPastor said...

I saw the news conference live with Caroline. We were both moved to tears. Caroline went upstairs after and got her cheese head. She wore it all day in honor of Brett!

I love my girl!

d

Ruminations from someone who spends too much time pondering.